Get a FREE Commercial License - Fully Featured, No Limitations!
If you want to use the emGine Environment for commercial/governmental/military purposes, you must obtain a commercial license. Contact me and get for FREE one license valid for 6 months and see how emGine Environment can help in your development and research studies.
>> REQUEST YOUR FREE COMMERCIAL LICENSE <<
The emGine Environment 0.9.3a1 is available for download! You may also want to take a look at the new examples.
The new features of this release are:
- Modal excitation for rectangular waveguides (TE10 modes)
- Computation of far-field, i.e., radiation diagrams
- 3D visualization of the electromagnetic field
- Extended set of examples, including Dipole and Yagi-Uda antennas, Hollow Waveguide and Substrate Integrated Waveguide (SIW) band-pass filter with posts
About the emGine Environment (TM)
The emGine Environment is provided free for non-commercial purposes (see the licenses for more details) and consists of the following components:
- Time-domain full-wave 3D electromagnetic simulator tlmGine
- Open Source Graphical User Interface emGine GUI for the input, pre-processing and post-processing of electromagnetic models (tri-license MPL/GPL/LGPL)
- EMM - ElectroMagnetic Model specification
The development of the emGine Environment(TM) is focused to have following features:
- Speed, support for multi-core computations
- Portability - the emGine Environment is running on multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS X)
- Open standards and interoperability, e.g., Open Source GUI, XML-based EMM specification
- User-friendly handling
The emGine Environment 0.9.0a9 is available for download! This is the newest update towards 0.9.0 including most of the bugfixes reported in 0.9.0a4.
In this version you will find:
- Examples which are easily accessible from the menu File->Examples (includes examples of a bow-tie antenna, a microstrip transmission line on Rogers 4350 substrate, a microstrip transmission line on a RO4350 substrate loaded with a capacitive resonator, a mitered bend with a microstrip transmission line and a simple scattering of a plane wave from a perfectly conducting plane)
- The results of the simulation are stored and re-computed when you re-open the project
- Improved robust meshing
- Popup menus, e.g., for the editing of materials and geometries
- Fixed export of S-Parameters for many ports (.s*p files)
- Plane wave excitation is working again
- Discrete excitation located inside the simulation domain is working again, e.g., for dipole antennas
Experimental release of the complete 3D EM field simulator emGine Environment 0.9.0 is available for download.
This version includes many new features, like:
However, the current experimental version is still missing important features like re-reading of simulation results when a simulation is re-opened, which will be present in the final 0.9 version.
- Definition of magnetic properties (permeability) of materials
- Different materials can be assigned different colors
- View of the 3D mesh
- True 2-Port simulations - i.e., s11, s12, s21, s22 - with reference simulations for each port
- Simulation accuracy is specified in attenuation in dB of the energy of the simulation region
- Plots can be scaled, moved and saved as png, pdf, jpg
- Remote computing support with emCluster(TM)
The source code for the emGine GUI version 0.7.5 is available for download in the download section. It contains the new AUI window manager and GDSII import library ipkiss.
emGine Wiki has been started, which is the primary source for documentation, tutorials and examples for the emGine Environment.
Testing release 0.7.5 is available for download. The new features in this release are:
- Plane wave excitation in free-space
- Import of planar multilayer GDSII (stream) geometry - for editing and creation of GDSII files you can use the great free layout editor
- Improved computation of S-Parameters from time-domain signals
- Export of S-Parameters in touchstone (s1p, s2p, etc..) format
- New cool docking window manager (take a look at the screenshots!)
A user mailing list has been created. The emGine-Users mailing list is provided for users of the emGine Environment to post questions, suggestions, bug reports, etc., and to encourage discussion among the users. Do not hesitate and subscribe to the mailing list today!
Testing release 0.7.4 is available for download. The new features in this release include:
- Boundary conditions (PEC/PMC/Open) setup for outer boundaries of the simulation region
- A great Smith Chart plotting object in matplotlib which was contributed by Sherif Sayed Ahmed - take a look at the screenshots! Great work, many thanks!
- Switching between perspective/orthogonal view
- Top/Bottom/Front/Back/Left/Right predefined views